Thursday, August 1, 2013

Wikirama (an explanation)

December 2013 will mark the tenth anniversary of my first edit on Wikipedia. It's hard for me to imagine being a member of any website for that long a time, as I always have this idea that the Internet and everything connected to it is hyper-modern.

In honor of my years on Wikipedia, I've decided to start this blog. Wikirama will be my platform to share the weird, the notable, and the just plain interesting that can be found there. But it won't be limited to cool articles or pictures. From time to time I'll do a little analysis and share a few theories about what makes Wikipedia tick, and what Wikipedia says about us. There must be some meaning to it all -- you don't get to be the seventh-most-visited website in the world without having some content that everyone can appreciate.

Enjoy.

The Day The Earth Smiled - Earth as seen from Saturn, July 19, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment